5 Tips for Preparing Your Carpets For Winter
Preparing Your Carpets For Winter
Winter is coming quickly to the Pacific Northwest and you know what that means. Rain, dirt and SO MANY muddy shoes will be joining you inside. Plus, as the temperature starts to drop, windows and doors stay closed more often and the air isn’t circulated as well. It can be quite the challenge to keep your carpets clean during this time, but we have a few easy tips that can help alleviate some of your stress.
1. Invest in sturdy mats for each entry way into your home. We know this seems obvious, but you would be surprised by how many houses go without them during the wet months. A good mat will catch quite a bit of the dirt and grime that would otherwise get lost in the depths of your carpet fibers.
2. Remove shoes before walking into your home. A great habit to get into, removing shoes upon entering will greatly reduce the amount of staining and wear that your carpet endures.
3. Care for your outdoors, too! Keeping the outside of your home clean tidy is critical to a cleaner inside. If your front porch is covered in leaves and debris, it’s sure to be tracked in by someone’s shoes or paws. Keep the entryways as clean as possible to reduce the amount of dirt coming in.
4. Have your carpets cleaned before fall turns into winter. Before you know it, Thanksgiving will be upon us and if you’re hosting for the holidays, you will definitely want to spruce up your carpets for guests. Further, with less fresh air wafting through your home in the winter, pollutants like dust mites, pet dander and other allergens have the opportunity to settle into carpets. Not good for air quality.
5. Vacuum, vacuum, vacuum. Frequent vacuuming is the best way to keep your carpets clean all year round. Vacuum at least once per week in high traffic areas. Make sure to empty the bag or cylinder often as they can cause the vacuum to be less efficient while sending dirty dust particles into the air. Regular vacuuming will most certainly prolong the life of your investment.
Sammamish: 5 tips for preparing your carpets for winter. 04. January 2021. http://sammamishcarpetcleaning.com/5-tips-for-preparing-your-carpets-for-winter/